Monday, April 11, 2011

Bike tour through the hills of my new Hometown

Today I did a tour with my bike from Castro Valley to San Ramon. It was a good exercise and finally the hills have not been as steep as I assumed in the beginning. But it was still enough for someone from the flat land in northern Germany. ;-)

After 4,3 mi (7 km) I had some trouble with my back tire: due to little stones and glass on the shoulder, I got a flat tire that I had to replace instantly next to the street. After I changed the tube, my fingers were totally black and full of oil and dirt. Lesson learned: better keep your bike in clean condition, to avoid looking like having the hands of a mine worker. zatter 

The google maps track can be found here.

Img_20110410_162031
This is shortly before entering San Ramon

No comments: